The Loos Memorial Cross and Bow
St Mary’s Church Bow, in East London, is home to a wooden cross erected on the battlefield of Loos in northern France during the First World War.
The cross bears the names of 13 men who died there in October 1915. Most were members of the Poplar and Stepney Rifles. This book tells the story of the ‘Poplars’ who fought and died at Loos, and the journey of the Loos Cross from France to St Stephen’s, North Bow, and then to St Mary’s. It also records the centenary visit to the battlefield, by members and friends of Bow Church and students from St Paul’s Way Trust School.