For 700 years Bow Church has seen London’s East End develop. Its parish has changed from a rural hamlet to a suburb to part of the sprawling Victorian city, through the Blitz and into the lively multi-cultural community of today. • Revolting peasants swept over Bow Bridge in 1381 and drank at Bow Fair. • Shakespeare's jester Will Kemp made Bow Church his first stop on his 'Nine Daies Wonder' jig from London to Norwich • Dame Prisca Coborn founded Coborn School in 1701 and lies buried at the entrance to Bow Church. • Rector Samuel Henshall took out the first patent on a corkscrew and preached on the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805. • '"Good Old George"' Lansbury MP, ‘the greatest man the East End has known’ (AJP Taylor), worshipped at Bow Church for 40 years.